As my family has learned more and more about essential oils, and as we’ve seen various ways others have promoted or advertised them, we feel it is necessary to share what we believe about essential oils.
- First and foremost, we believe that the Lord is our Healer.
Exodus 15:26 (NKJ)says, I am the LORD who heals you. And Isaiah 53:4-5 (HCSB) Yet He (Jesus) Himself bore our sicknesses, and He carried our pains… He was pierced because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; punishment for our peace was on Him, and we are healed by His wounds.
When we experience symptoms in our body, we turn to the Word of God first. We seek His wisdom and guidance through prayer and speak His scriptures on healing over our bodies.
- We believe in doctors and modern medicine, and that all knowledge and wisdom they possess ultimately comes from God. However, we are realizing more and more that there are gentler, more natural alternatives to synthetic drugs and chemicals. And some of these alternatives are a great deal more effective in promoting health and wellness.
Rather than filling our bodies with synthetic chemicals, we’d prefer to give those natural means an opportunity to work in them.
- We believe God created plants for our service. Psalm 104:14 says, He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and plants for the service of man…
Essential oils are simply concentrated liquids extracted from plants, containing their beneficial compounds and properties. An oil is “essential” in the sense that it contains the essence (characteristics, fragrance, etc.) of the plant from which it is derived. Basically, essential oils are the “life blood” of the plant and can help bring about continued health and wellness in our bodies.
- We believe that all oils are not created equally. The essential oil industry is unregulated. There are no FDA guidelines or labeling standards, so there’s no way of knowing the quality of an oil. “100% Pure” on a label means nothing.
Most oils on the market are only suitable for cosmetics and perfumes. In fact, a lot of companies use high heat, high pressure, chemical solvents, and synthetics when producing their oils. These harsh processing methods actually destroy the therapeutic value of the oils. Furthermore, lesser grades can be extremely toxic.
Young Living’s Seed to Seal process ensures that our oils are of the highest quality and maintain their therapeutic properties which offer amazing health and wellness benefits.
- We believe that high quality essential oils can be used to:
- Maintain overall wellness and healthy cell function in the body
- Support the body’s systemic defenses and healthy immune function
- Give long-lasting energy support
- Revitalize and rejuvenate
- Relax and calm thoughts and feelings
- Promote emotional well-being
- Improve and enhance moods
- Lift mental clarity and focus
- Increase cognitive health, alertness and physical acuity
- Enhance athletic performance and endurance
- Make your home smell fresh and inviting
- And so much more!
If you are looking to begin or build upon a more natural lifestyle, I encourage you to begin researching essential oils.
Disclaimer: The information contained on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.