I have purposely kept the supply list for my mixed media courses as simple and inexpensive as I can. I suggest buying the more expensive items at Hobby Lobby or Michael’s using their 40% off coupon, or ordering through Amazon.
These are supplies I will be using during class, please don’t feel obligated to purchase anything upfront or spend money if you have a similar product already. Simply use what you have.
Basic Supply List:
- Watercolor paper (the best you can afford) or Strathmore mixed media book
- Art journal (homemade or purchased) I will have a video of how to make your own the first week.
- 3-4 (or more) 8×10 canvases (or wooden panels/boards around this size, or purchase a pad of Strathmore “Acrylic Paper” – 246 lb.)
- Wood blocks cut square from a 2×4 – scraps of wood from a building project?
- Mechanical pencils
- Kneaded or white eraser
- Watercolors – a simple set will do
- Acrylic craft paints in a variety vibrant colors
- Assorted paint brushes (you’ll use the same ones for acrylic & watercolor)
- Foam Brush
- Black permanent ink pens (PITT Artist Pen by Faber Castell, Micron, or Sharpie extra-fine point)
- White gel pen (& if possible, a white fine-point Sharpie poster paint marker – water based only)
- Decoupage (matte finish)
- Various decorative (scrapbooking) papers in vibrant spring colors
- Old hardcover books (2 or 3) – we will use the pages and covers
Gather these supplies from around the house:
- Magazine clippings, tissue paper or old sewing patterns
- Bubble wrap and/or punchinella or shelf liner
- Brightly-colored card stock or construction paper
- Paper or styrofoam plate
- Masking or painter’s tape
- Aluminum foil
- Old gift/credit card
- Baby wipes
- Stamps & ink pads
- Old T-shirt for smock
- Craft paper or newspaper or plastic to cover workspace
- Printer & paper