Just like life, mixed media art is messy.
In order to make a beautiful piece of art, you have to get your hands, your workspace, sometimes your clothes – and often in my case, my face and/or hair – messy with paint, decoupage, inks, and more. But when you’re finished, the result is a beautiful masterpiece.
Ephesians 2:10 (NLT) says,
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,
so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
You are God’s masterpiece. You are His finest, most beautiful work of art. He created you in His image. He created you perfect.
Yet sometimes, okay, most of the time, we take His perfection and make a big mess out of ourselves and our lives. We humans in our fallen state are messy. We are imperfect. Therefore, we desperately need the Ultimate Artist to take the scraps, the ephemera, the torn pieces of our hearts and lives, and make them into a beautiful work of art.
It is with these thoughts in mind that I created the You Are a Masterpiece Mixed Media Workshop.
Several years ago, the Lord placed it on my heart to create this very art course. In fact, this was the first mixed media workshop I thought I’d do, but the Lord had other plans. Instead, as this course simmered on the inside of me, I began to create online art courses for kids, tweens and teens.
Most children and teens have no problem expressing themselves in creative ways. It’s only as we grow older, that we put away our creativity to become more “practical.” Sigh. I still have a couple more art courses that I want to do for kids, but my primary ministry is to women.
There are far too many women who:
- spend all their time caring for their family and homes, yet never take time for themselves to play
- are in desperate need of a creative outlet of their own
- need to learn to stop and enjoy the simple pleasures of making something with their own hands
Furthermore, other women:
- don’t know what to do with their lives, don’t know why they were created, and don’t know how to find out
- are depressed, because they believe they have messed up their lives and are of no further use to the Lord
- are hurting because they feel like they’re of no value whatsoever
My heart with this workshop is to help answer each of these needs.
This e-Course will be spread over four weeks, with detailed videos and supply lists of each project. It will also have the feel of a Bible study as well, with each week having a theme, scripture focus, and short devotional:
- Week One: You Are a Masterpiece – You are an exquisite work of art, carefully crafted, intricately detailed, uniquely you. God made you in His image. No matter who you are or what you have or haven’t done, you are a priceless treasure to the Lord. He loves and adores you.
- Week Two: For Such a Time as This – This is the moment for which you have been created. God has a specific purpose for your life. He prepared a plan and path for you before you were even born. Your life — and what you do with it — matters to God and others.
- Week Three: Discover God’s Plan for Your Life – Do you know what your God-given purpose is? If not, don’t worry. The Lord has made it easy for you to get on the right path to finding and fulfilling His plan for your life. And I will give you some guidelines to help you get on the path to discovering that plan.
- Week Four: Use Your Gifts to Bless Others – Your gifts are important. You have been blessed to be a blessing. Let your life SHINE everyday no matter what your circumstances are, no matter what you’re going through. Make it your aim, your great quest to love others and to use your giftings to help them.
Classes are now available. Sign up today and receive immediate access!
Having a creative outlet is vitally important for us as women. Creating brings us tremendous joy. It allows us the freedom of self-expression. It offers us a sense of balance, stress-release, as well as improved health, and so much more.
This is a 4-week e-Course which means classes will be taught via videos in a private, password-protected site. You can watch them on your own time and adjust them to fit your schedule.
In this workshop, we will be exploring and
experimenting with various art forms including:
- Acrylic painting
- Watercolor painting
- Chalkboard art
- Collage art
- Hand lettering
- Art journaling
- And MORE!
And because creating art is not limited to just drawing or painting, we will also make some easy and beautiful handmade crafts to keep for ourselves or to give away to others.
20 different art projects altogether!
Upon purchase, you will receive a welcome PDF with further information about the classes, as well as the private links to the “classroom” and your personal password.
You can watch the videos and work on your art projects whenever you want and at your own pace. You will receive LIFETIME access to this course.*
Register today! Classes are now available for access.
Registration price = $60 for 20 lessons**
**In addition to the 20 lessons, there will be:
- a private Facebook group to share in
- a weekly devotion/Bible study
- weekly prompts and assignments
- extra videos and music
- printable images
- a list of some of my favorite resources for supplies
Q: How does one participate in You Are a Masterpiece Mixed Media Workshop?
A: You Are a Masterpiece Mixed Media Workshop is a 4-week e-Course which will be taught via videos in a private, password-protected site. You may watch and create on your own schedule.
Q: How can I purchase You Are a Masterpiece Mixed Media Workshop?
A: Purchases can be made via PayPal by clicking on the “Add to Cart” button anywhere on this page.
Q: What happens after I purchase You Are a Masterpiece Mixed Media Workshop?
A: Immediately after your secure purchase, you will receive a PDF with the course supply list, private classroom links, and password(s). Please save this PDF.
Q: How long will I have access to this course?
A: You will have lifetime access to this course.*
Q: What art supplies will you use for this course?
A: Please click here to see a list of the basic art supplies for each course.
Q: Is this course only for women?
A: Yes. Although, older teenage girls may also participate and benefit, this course was created primarily for women. If you’re interested in my mixed media workshops for kids, click here.
Q: Do I have to be a Christian to participate?
A: No. All faiths are welcome to participate in this workshop. However, I am a Christian who believes the Bible is the incorruptible and infallible Word of God, and I will be using the Scriptures as a foundation for this course and the weekly devotionals.
Q: What if I can’t keep up with the pace of the class?
A: You may participate in this class on your own time and at your own pace. You are never behind.
Q: Can others outside my immediate family participate in You Are a Masterpiece Mixed Media Workshop?
A: I would love for you to enjoy this course, but please do not share your personal link and password with anyone else outside of your immediate family. I have put a lot of planning and work into creating this course. I trust you will understand and honor this request.
Q: I am a blogger; can I join your Affiliate program?
A: Yes, I would love for you to join my Affiliate Program here.
Q: Who is Alisha Gratehouse?
A: Alisha Gratehouse met and married her husband, Jason, at Bible college over 27 years ago. They have been in ministry for well over twenty years. She is the mom of three amazing children, Olivia, Alec and Liam, an author, and a mixed media artist. Her days are filled with writing, creating, homeschooling, and drinking tea. She loves painting, antiquing, “cottage-chic” decorating, and English period dramas. Alisha’s desire is to inspire, encourage and empower others to live abundant and satisfying lives (John 10:10). She blogs at Flourish.
Have a question that isn’t answered above? Please contact me here.
***Due to the nature of this e-Course product, there is no refund.