Did you know that you can apply God’s Word to every area of your life? It’s true! The Bible is not a dry, lifeless book filled with rules and regulations about what we can or cannot do. Instead, it is the living, active Word of Almighty God! (Heb. 4:12 NIV)
It is your instruction manual on how to live an abundant and satisfying life. It is your personal hands-on reference book on how to succeed in every area of life — a “how-to” book for everyday living!
Below are scriptures that will empower, encourage and motivate you on your fitness journey. As you apply these scriptures to your life, you will draw great strength from them. Ask the Lord to empower you and help you as you undertake your new healthy lifestyle, and He will, because He cares about every detail of your life! (Ps. 37:23 NLT)
[NOTE: Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page to print out a free weekly workout schedule that includes a scripture to encourage you each day!]
Trust in God’s strength to help you:
- Mark 9:23 – Jesus said to him, ‘If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes.’
- Ephesians 6:10 – Be strong in the Lord [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him…
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- 1 John 4:4 – Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Submit your body to God:
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 – Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God. You do not belong to yourself for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
- Romans 12:1 – Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship.
Resist temptation to quit or overeat:
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – But remember this – the wrong desires that come into your life aren’t anything new and different. Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you. And no temptation is irresistible. You can trust God to keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can’t stand up against it, for he has promised this and will do what he says. He will show you how to escape temptation’s power so that you can bear up patiently against it.
Exercise discipline and self-control:
- 1 Corinthians 9:27 – I don’t know about you, but I’m running hard for the finish line. I’m giving it everything I’ve got. No sloppy living for me! I’m staying alert and in top condition…
- Acts 24:16 – Therefore I always exercise and discipline myself…
- 1 Timothy 4:8 – Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever.
- Hebrews 12:1 – Let us lay aside every weight…and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us…
- Proverbs 31:17 – She girds herself with strength [spiritual, mental, and physical fitness] for her God-given task and makes her arms strong and firm.
Weekly Workout Calendars and lots more freebies!