Is homeschool art appreciation something that keeps getting put off simply because you don’t have the time to do all the prep work it takes? Do you ever just wish you had an easy way to share the great masters and their works your kids?
Masterpiece Society Homeschool Art Appreciation
I have created a brand-spanking new curriculum especially for the busy mom! I’ve done all the prep work for you and compiled it all into a digital PDF download. It also includes art templates that could be used as a “no fuss” art enrichment activity.
And beginning today, I am having a PRE-SALE EVENT during which I have some really sweet deals on bundles!
Pre-order today at this low, introductory price!
Pre-order pricing is $10 per artist study (Regular price is $12 per artist study)
SAVE $24 by purchasing a bundle (6 artists each): Set One OR Set Two = $48 each!
SAVE $60 by purchasing the complete Sets One & Two Bundle (all 12 artists) = $84!
(Prices increase on August 7th.)
***Curriculum Release Dates:***
Set One: AUGUST 7, 2017 & Set Two: SEPTEMBER 4, 2017
This curriculum for homeschool art appreciation has been developed with the busy mom in mind – no prep time or other materials necessary – photographs of each painting, lessons, kid-friendly video links, art templates, and notebooking pages are all included in each PDF packet!
Created to be a stand-alone program, these lessons were developed especially for moms who want to give their kids a comprehensive appreciation for art and encourage them to form connections with the artists, but who don’t necessarily want the mess that art can bring. (If that’s you, then I’ve got you covered…just keep reading!)
Masterpiece Society Art Appreciation exposes students to the great masters and their classic works of art. This program is intended to educate, inspire and help the student create rich relationships with the old masters. My desire is that it will encourage their own artistic expression, spark their inner creative abilities, and instill in them a lifelong love of art.
A Stand-Alone Art Enrichment Program
No other materials are necessary with this program! Here’s some of what’s included in each PDF packet:
- Biographical information (and fun, quirky facts) on each artist
- Artist quotes for copywork, journaling or future art projects
- Historical background of the art movement in which he or she created
- Quality photos of each classic work of art we study
- Descriptions of the mediums and techniques used by the artist
- Art terms and definitions specifically related to the artist
- Internet links to virtual museums, galleries and other helpful websites
- Links to kid-friendly art enrichment videos
- Thought-provoking questions to encourage critical thinking skills
- Printable notebooking pages for narration, copywork or memorization
- Printable art templates (which can also be used as coloring sheets for younger students)
- Recommended books, movies and other resources for further study
Digital PDF Download
Access from any device connected to the internet,
and/or print out to create your own Art Appreciation notebook.
How to Use This Curriculum
These lessons are written for upper elementary through middle school students, although they can be adapted for younger children and even teens. (See how below.)
Use these lessons as:
- A stand-alone art appreciation curriculum
- A supplement to your family’s classical or Charlotte Mason art and artist study
- Part of your morning time/morning basket or afternoon teatime!
- A “no fuss” art course – simply use the templates as coloring pages for preschoolers and kindergarteners to “create” alongside older siblings (older students can use templates to transfer patterns for painting projects, or they may prefer to color in with pastels or colored pencils)
- Part of a unit study
- Part of your history studies
- An accompaniment to the Mixing with the Masters: Mixed Media Workshops
BONUS: If you want your kids & teens the ultimate art experience, this art appreciation curriculum coordinates perfectly with my art courses, Mixing with the Masters!
Set One will be released on Monday, August 7th:
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Rembrandt van Rijn
- Claude Monet
- Vincent van Gogh
- Pablo Picasso
- Georgia O’Keeffe
Set Two will be released on Monday, September 4th:
- Albrecht Durer
- Jan Vermeer
- Edgar Degas
- Mary Cassatt
- Paul Cezanne
- Henri Matisse
Each artist study can be purchased individually, or as a set – the choice is yours.
For more information or to view our FAQs, click here.
Alisha Gratehouse is an artist, art instructor, minister’s wife, and homeschooling mom of three. Her days are filled with creating, painting, writing, drinking lots of tea, laughing with (and at) her family, and spontaneously bursting forth into song. Alisha is the author of several books including, A Life That Flourishes.